231015- Blue Earth- Including the city of Mankato 324 PM CST Fri Feb 22 2019
...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM SATURDAY TO 6 PM CST SUNDAY...
Tonight Not as cold. Snow in the evening, then snow and freezing drizzle after midnight. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Lows in the mid 20s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Saturday Freezing drizzle likely in the morning, then snow likely, possibly mixed with drizzle and freezing drizzle in the afternoon. Snow accumulation less than 1 inch. Highs in the lower 30s. East winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Saturday night Windy. Snow in the evening, then snow likely after midnight. Areas of blowing and drifting snow. Snow may be heavy at times in the evening. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Lows around 16. Northwest winds 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Sunday Colder, windy. Mostly cloudy. Areas of blowing and drifting snow. Highs around 19. Temperatures falling into the lower teens in the afternoon. Northwest winds 25 to 35 mph. Sunday night Much colder. Partly cloudy. Areas of blowing and drifting snow in the evening. Lows around 5 below. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph in the evening. Lowest wind chills around 27 below. Monday and monday night Colder. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Highs around 6. Lows around 5 below. Tuesday Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow. Highs around 14. Tuesday night Cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow. Lows near zero. Wednesday Partly cloudy. Highs around 13. Wednesday night Mostly clear. Lows around 2 below. Thursday Partly cloudy. Highs around 17. Thursday night Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of snow after midnight. Lows around 8. Friday Partly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Highs in the lower 20s.
Saturday will feature freezing moisture and snow in the western and northern Midwest, with snow in the northern through western Plains, and rain from the Southern Plains east to the Carolina coast. » More DTN Weather Commentary
Posted at 1:06PM Fri Feb 22, 2019 CST
Click here to get your local weather emailed to you each day.